When my son, who is now 14 years old, was 8 years old I asked him a series of questions about Moms. I documented his answers and stored them away in my treasure box of memories. Recently, I asked the same questions of my daughter, who is now 8 years old. I had too much fun with this and I just had to share. It gave me many giggles and I hope it makes you smile too.
Why did God make mommies?
- Andrew: So they could have babies.
- Zoey: To take care of kids. To love kids.
What are mommies made of?
- Andrew: Skin and cells.
- Zoey: Love and kindness.
What was Mommy like as a little girl?
- Andrew: Funny, happy and weird.
- Zoey: Cute.
What makes Mommy special?
- Andrew: She works at Wells Fargo and loves her kids.
- Zoey: She’s funny, silly and kind.
What did Mom need to know about Dad before she married him?
- Andrew: That he went to church and that he wanted to marry her.
- Zoey: That he was the perfect guy and to meet his parents.
Why did Mommy marry Daddy?
- Andrew: Because Daddy loves Mommy and Mommy loves Daddy.
- Zoey: She loved him.
Who is in charge Mom or Dad?
- Andrew: Mama because she makes the grocery list and tells us to go to bed.
- Zoey: Dad, he’s the leader of the household.
How do you know Mommy loves you?
- Andrew: She tucks me in, reads books to me and watches movies with me.
- Zoey: She gives lots of hugs and kisses.
What does mommy do in her spare time?
- Andrew: We watch movies together.
- Zoey: Plays with me.
Thank You so much for allowing me to be Mama to these two precious children. Thank You for the way their innocent answers encourage my heart and help me to continue on. Thank You for all of the laughs that we share. A huge thank You for not leaving me alone in all of the trials and tribulations of motherhood. Thank You for the amazing support system of family and friends to help to be a part of my children’s lives. To all of the mamas out there, Lord please bless them with moments with their children that encourage them, that make them smile and that help them to persevere through another day.
In Jesus’ name, amen.